You’ve said that you knew you wanted to be a writer since you were a teenager. What advice do you have for young people who aspire for the same?
I think the main thing is to not be afraid to fail. You’ll be rejected by publishers. You’ll have days of complete lack of faith in your abilities. But you have to keep coming back. That’s when you know you’re a writer – when you take the failures and appear at the desk again, over and over again.
From Marcus Zusak. So. True.
- swordsdance likes this
- lifeascaty likes this
- emmawriter reblogged this from yahighway
- avajae reblogged this from yahighway
- readordiebyemilyt likes this
- imperfectlypinky reblogged this from yahighway
- bucketofrhymes likes this
- wwonderfultimeofyear reblogged this from yahighway
- yalitmag reblogged this from yahighway
- yahighway reblogged this from gwendabond
- heatherwpetty reblogged this from gwendabond and added:
- condalmo reblogged this from gwendabond
- condalmo likes this
- sister-queen likes this
- nicolegaskarth likes this
- sarahendipityy reblogged this from fuckyeahmarkuszusak
- holidaydelirium likes this
- conorebbs likes this